Horse Show Rules and Regulations
Wherever feasible this horse show will be operated in accordance with he current rules of the USEF (U.S. Equestrian Federation).
1. The Event Committee, G&M Riding Club, Inc. and Orange County Park will not be responsible for any accidents, injuries or damages which may occur to any person, animal, property or mode of transportation at the show, nor for the loss or destruction of any article of any nature whatsoever.
2. ALL exhibitors are required to follow park rules.
3. Health requirements: Coggins test and proof of rabies vaccination via a vet certificate or letter dated within 12 months of event date are mandatory and have to be submitted at time of registration. NO exceptions!
**note: G&M Riding club strongly recommends that all horses and ponies brought to the show ground be vaccinated for EHV-1.
4. Championship points are accumulated on the same horse/rider Combination. Riders must compete in 2 shows to be eligible for points to count towards year-end awards.
5. For points to count towards year-end awards, riders must be G&Members, participate in at least two events and must compete in more than ½ of the classes offered in the division.
6. All horses must be serviceably sound and free from contagious disease. Any horse not serviceably sound, will be excused at the judge or committee’s discretion.
7. The judges and committee reserve the right to dismiss any unruly horses, exhibitors or spectators from the show grounds. No racing nor fast riding will be permitted on the grounds. No bicycle riding allowed in or around the horse arenas or barn area.
8. Horses are not permitted in the refreshment area. No spectators near the entrance gates. No sitting on the arena rail.
9. Any class or division with less than four entries may be cancelled or combined at the discretion of the committee. The Event Committee reserves the right to close a class. If a class is held with only one entry (exhibitor request) a ribbon will be awarded but no points will be given. If an entire division is run with only one entry, no Day of Champion ribbon will be awarded.
10. In case a horse or pony is entered and not exhibited, the fee will be forfeited, except in the case of illness or injury. Vet certificate or doctor’s note required for a refund, subject to a $15 office handling fee. All refunds will be made by mail. If an entry is scratched due to weather, entry fees will be returned minus the office fee and EMT fee.
11. NO alcoholic beverages allowed on the grounds.
12. No stallions may be shown by Beginner, Novice or Junior riders.
13. All riders must be neatly and suitably dressed in appropriate attire for the class entered (all divisions). ASTM approved safety helmets are recommended for all riders but is mandatory for riders under the age of 16.
18. Helmets must be fitted properly. No riders will be penalized for wearing a helmet. G&M will not supply or fit helmets
14. Release forms must be signed by all riders, and a parent or legal guardian must sign entry release forms if under 18 years old. All adults must sign their own entry forms.
15. No boots, bell boots or martingales are permitted in Hunter flat or pleasure classes. Martingales are allowed in over fences only.
16. When rings are not in use, schooling will be allowed. Warm up time will be scheduled and announced. An ASTM approved safety helmet and riding boots or riding sneaker are required to be worn when schooling, competing, or riding on the grounds. Schooling for jumps is printed in the schedule. For safety purposes all “traffic flow” during schooling breaks will be governed by the G&M staff in the booth a/o in the ring. All commands to be strictly enforced or riders will be excused and their entry fees forfeited.
17. Any checks returned as non-negotiable will be subject to a $25 returned check fee.
18. Birth certificate or other suitable proof of age is required for all riders in the Leadline, Walk/Trot, Children’s, Short Stirrup and Junior Divisions.
19. Riders entering classes in which they are not eligible to compete will be dismissed and their entry fee forfeited. (For example: if you have cantered at any show you may not enter Walk/Trot classes at this show.)
21. All decisions of the judge are final.
22. Show ring will open at 7:00 am for schooling.
23. Advance class calls will be made. The in-gate will close 2 minutes after the first horse enters the ring for a class. Entry fee will be forfeited for missed classes. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to be prepared for all classes.
24. All exhibitors are asked to clean up after themselves and their horses.